Tuesday, April 13, 2010

June's First Spring!

We've been busy over here with the future growing up right in front of our eyes!

Let's catch up!


For starters Juniper turned 8 months old on the 15th of March! Woah right? I look at her all the time and try to soak in all the baby-ness as the kid in her becomes more and more apparent. She is still is an avid nurser but is tasting food and so far bananas are her favorite! She isn't crawling yet, but she rocks back and forth when on her hands and knees and scoots here and there on her butt. She gets around!
 Here she is with her daddy on her birthday!






 See! Doesn't she look like a kid? Can't you see the kid in there? Everyday is so much fun with this girl. We have such a good time together! She loves to play with her toys and is very vocal singing and talking much of the time. And yet she is very quiet and gentle. 8 Months old!







 To the left is a doll that I made for her to chew on and play with. It's a Waldorf inspired toy and I had plenty of fun crafting it. Especially embroidering the hair and the little heart.







There were some incredibly warm days after the record breaking snowfall and we took every opportunity to get outside and enjoy the weather. How fun to put June on her little quilt outside! 
She also hangs out on my back while I garden in the yard. We've gotten lots of things around the yard done with the amazing weather.


Look at her! Such a sweet beautiful child.



Here she is with her amazing daddy. We are missing him right now as he's been away at Yestermorrow teaching for almost two weeks!

Here are some more photos that speak for themselves. What joy she brings!













These next two are from when I was turning the compost and it was getting hard with her on my back so I got a box and put her in it. She was so happy in there and I got to move a little faster with a little less weight!


Really there is no cuter baby anywhere!


Teeth! She still has just these two bottom teeth that she has been using to tear apart all kinds of food. Her favorites so far are beets, steak, kipper snacks, egg yolk, yogurt, lamb, tangelos, tangelos, tangelos and of course bananas!


I love watching her hair come in and all the swirly patterns it makes. I think she is going to have a cowlick in front like me. Her hair is remarkably light considering the color of her parents hair. I'm sure it will darken as it comes in.


Here we are taking a walk in our back meadow. Juniper and I go everywhere like this. It really is so much fun to be so close to your baby. You want to squeeze them and inhale their delicious smell every second anyway so keeping them close at hand by wearing them is very convenient!


Here we are at the park in our neighborhood of Williamsburg. You can almost smell that delicious little baby head. mmmmmmmmm.


Last but not least, here is little Juniper Amie in her new high chair that we all love because when you are done using it for your baby it converts into a regular chair. Smart!

We are upstate here until Thursday and we have a lot of outside work to do. Many seeds to start and beds to mulch etc....Ach but I am so tired! She has been keeping me up at night the last few nights and it's been making the days quite sluggish. Just one look at her though and I get full of energy and vitality. Just one of the many effects she has on me.  I do let things go at times, like this blog, and just loaf around. Everybody needs some down time! I'm going to go take a nap with my girl!

LOVE

No comments:

Post a Comment